Melts in your mouth, ready in 20 minutes: A recipe for proja with cheese that stays fresh for up to three days
Proja made of yellow corn flour was once the main food on the tables of our ancestors, and even today it is eaten with pleasure by all generations.
In addition to being delicious, it has health benefits. Corn flour is extremely healthy because it lowers cholesterol and high blood pressure, is good for the digestive system, and because of zinc, it strengthens the immune system.
Projata has undergone several versions over the years in terms of ingredients. Today we bring you a recipe for homemade proja with cheese and a mixture of corn and wheat flour. Instead of small cheese, put cheese in the provia and follow the instructions step by step.
- 10 tablespoons of corn flour
– 5 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 7 tablespoons cooking oil
- 200 milliliters of yogurt
- 150 grams of yellow cheese
- salt to taste
1. Beat the eggs, then add yogurt and oil.
2. Add the corn and wheat flour, previously mixed with the baking powder, then mix until you get a homogeneous mixture.
3. Cut 100 grams of cheese into cubes and add them, then mix well again.
4. Add salt as needed.
5. Pour the mixture into a previously oiled baking tray.
6. Grate the remaining cheese, then sprinkle it over the proja.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes in an oven heated to 200 degrees.
Warning: Do not overdo it with salt, if you have not tried the cheese before.