A few weeks ago, the prosecutor's office entered the Ministry of Health to request additional documents for the modular facilities
"Free Press" from its own sources in Ministry of Health finds out that a few weeks ago The prosecutor's office for prosecuting organized crime requested additional documents from the Ministry of Health, related to the modular facilities, after the journalists of IRL they had a meeting with the prosecutors. This confirms that the pre-investigation procedure is still ongoing and has not been closed, and is led by the same prosecutor.
The company "Brako" nand Kocho Angjushev built the modular hospital in which 14 fellow citizens burned in Tetovo, according to technical specifications from the architect Vanya Andonova, which in turn led to substandard construction, in which every part of the prefabricated hospital was procured through the tender as if it were "goods", bypassing the Law on Construction and the Law on Health Care, reported IRL.
According to the documentary, the tender for the modular hospitals was actually not for a temporary hospital building, but specifically required floors, doors, windows and panels, and the technical specification of Vanya Andonova it gave institutions an alibi not to treat hospitals as facilities. A year ago, she moved to work from the Ministry of Health "Marriage".
In addition, the IRL research also presented the German expertise of the experts, according to which the reason for the rapid spread of the fire was the higher concentration of oxygen, the insulating material that was made of polyurethane that disintegrated into poisonous gases that then burned faster combined with the oxygen, but also that there were no fire barriers that would have prevented the further spread of the fire, or at least made it more difficult.
The spread of the fire was also helped by the open construction of the building in the attic.
IRL claims that this expertise was not presented in the court proceedings that took place before the Tetovo court, but the Prosecutor's Office denies this.
"The allegations that the expert report by the German experts was not presented as evidence in the court proceedings are absolute falsehoods. The official expertise from the Forensic Institute of the Federal Criminal Service and the laboratory from Germany is an integral part of the evidentiary material. It was duly delivered to the parties in the proceedings and was publicly produced as evidence before the court. "The court hearings on this matter were open to the public, so the presentation of such falsehoods is completely tendentious," said the Prosecutor's Office.
The former prosecutor, a Leyla Kadriou, who initially worked with the Tetovo prosecutors on the case, in the IRL research calls it a "fourteen-fold murder" because, as she said, someone intentionally did not build properly and did not implement the law.
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering made its own expert report, in which it was concluded that "Brako" had observed all the standards in accordance with the request of the Ministry of Health, and that expert report prevailed not to look for the culprits between the government, the Ministry of Health and the contractor "Brako", IRL stated in the documentary .
According to Leyla Kadriu, the building was without an electricity report and without a fire report and that it worked according to some scheme.
- It cannot be allowed to build without complying with the Construction Law. I ordered an expert opinion from an electrical expert and when the expert opinion came it was stated that the cause and effect of the fire was poorly installed electricity.
The fellow prosecutors from Skopje proposed to do another expert examination at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Skopje. There cannot be two truths. There is only one truth.
If the Faculty of Electrical Engineering had a contrary opinion, a third expertise must be done. If there is a causal relationship between the poorly installed electrical installation and the fire, then the blame should go to who prepared the specification, who was responsible, who published the announcement, who implemented it.
What responsibility can the medical director or the economic director have because the client and executor did not implement the law and built illegally? The client is the Government, the contractor is "Brako". The cause-and-effect relationship for the occurrence of the fire is poorly installed electricity. It is that group that is subject to responsibility, said Kadriu.
The Prosecutor's Office says that there is no contradiction between the forensics and the German experts and they react to the title of the documentary "murder in Tetovo".
According to the prosecutor's office, no evidence in the case indicates a crime of murder. From there, they object to the statement made in the documentary by former prosecutor Leila Kadriu, who called the case a 14-fold murder, and claim that Kadriu's credibility as a source has been damaged, because she was dismissed by the Council of Public Prosecutors due to unprofessional and negligent performance of her duties. .
"The legal qualification of the crime is a complete falsehood, that is, it is claimed that the charge filed does not refer to the fire in the modular hospital at all. On the contrary, in the very indictment that the prosecution presented to IRL journalists, it is stated that two of the defendants, although they were obliged to have appropriate devices, installations for protection against fires and explosions, fire fighting equipment, from the time the hospital was put into use until the day of the fire, they did not installed such devices in the hospital, thus committing grave crimes against public safety.
The third defendant, as a responsible person, allowed the entry of unauthorized persons, family members of patients with Covid-19 as companions in the modular hospital and was charged with not acting according to health regulations during an epidemic," the Prosecutor's Office said.
The civil engineer Nejat Bajrami he says in the documentary that he is extremely surprised that the tender documents stipulated that polyurethane sandwich panels should be used.
- Polyurethane is a little more difficult to burn, but if conditions are created for it to burn, that material burns very quickly. Not only the fire is a risk for people, but also the smoke caused by the burning of pure panels, which contains toxic substances, he said.
Doctor of technical sciences and expert, Irfan Shaqiri for the needs of the forensic expert, he found that the entire procedure for performing the electrical installation in the Tetovo modular hospital was performed outside the regulations and the necessary rules.
According to him, the object should not be energized at all. According to IRL, the electrical installation was installed by an employee of "Braco" who did not have a license from the Chamber of Certified Architects and Engineers, and the fuse box was not even tested (the fuse did not go down during the burning and during the fire there were explosions due to the presence of electricity in the hospital).
According to IRL's research, EVN did not connect the building to electricity, but the employees of the Tetovo hospital did it. The fire occurred when a girl suffering from cerebral palsy and covid at the same time, doctors and nurses in the modular hospital tried to save her life, using a defibrillator and when a spark occurred in the extension cable from which the hospital burned in four minutes.
"Although it is known that the defibrillator draws a higher strength of electric current during activation, with the correct dimensioning of the entire electrical installation and, most importantly, with the implementation of standards for this type of facility, of course the ignition of the cable would not occur and would not occur the fire in the modular hospital in Tetovo", writes expert Irfan Shakiri in his expert report.
The Public Prosecutor of the Republic of North Macedonia, Ljubomir Joveski, instructed the basic public prosecutor from OJO Tetovo to ask the Appeal to hold a public session where once again all the evidence from the first instance procedure will be presented in front of the entire public.
After the Tetovo hospital burned down, the Ministry of Health signed an annex to the contract for the construction of the three modular outpatient clinics in Skopje, which made them more reliable and internally reinforced with glass wool and fire-resistant plasterboards.