The first section of the Kicevo-Ohrid highway will be opened, which Bochvarski announced for August

The highway in the section from Trebenishta to Ohrid will be put into use on Monday, the director of the Public Enterprise for State Roads announced today. Ejup Rustemi.

"If we go there now, we will see that work is being done on that entire route, we have already solved the administrative problems we had and next Monday the section from Trebenishta to Ohrid will be put into use," said Rustemi, according to Alsat.

The opening of the section was delayed by almost two months, after the Minister of Transport and Communications Blagoj Bochvarski spring announced that it will be launched in August. Rustemi says that it is late because the current circumstances did not favor the affairs on the ground.

The highway has been under construction for about eight years, and the section between Trebenishta and Ohrid is 8,5 kilometers long, so it turns out that the three different governments have managed to build one kilometer each year since 2014. The construction of the problematic road from Kichevo to Ohrid was supposed to cost 374 million euros, and the sum spent so far, according to the latest statements of the authorities, exceeded 600 million euros.

The Minister of Transport and Communications Bocvarski made a new promise two days ago – that the entire highway will be built by the end of 2023 or the beginning of 2024.

Video of the day