Iran is demanding a permanent cease-fire while the additional two days of the Gaza truce run
Iran called tonight for a permanent ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. The spokesman of the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Nasser Khanani, called for a stable truce and no repetition of, as he said, "the cruel aggression of the Zionist regime on Gaza", reported Al Jazeera.
Kanani added at a press conference that Iran expects Israel's crimes against the Palestinian people to be completely stopped.
Earlier, Qatar announced that an agreement had been reached to extend the ceasefire in the Gaza Strip for an additional two days. Hamas confirmed that an agreement had been reached with Egypt and Qatar and that the ceasefire would be in effect until Thursday morning local time.
Israel previously set the condition of releasing 10 hostages for a day without fighting in the enclave. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in the afternoon that his country would continue its goals of eliminating Hamas, freeing the militant group's hostages and preventing any future attack on Israel similar to the one on October 7.
The White House has hailed an agreement to extend the Gaza ceasefire that will result in the release of 20 more hostages.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) confirmed that Hamas released 11 Israeli hostages tonight, including nine children and two women.
The freed Israelis were held hostage by members of Hamas and Islamic Jihad for 52 days.