Dodik for El Mundo: BiH is a failed project, we need to part in a civilized way
The Serbian member of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Milorad Dodik In an interview with the Spanish newspaper El Mundo, he said "BiH is a failed project" and that the best solution for the country was "to divide Bosniaks, Serbs and Croats in a civilized way".
- BiH will not be able to survive for the same reason that Yugoslavia did not survive. There are three nations in BiH. Two of them, Croats and Serbs, are very dissatisfied. "Muslims want to create a unitary state in which they would be the dominant people," Dodik said.
- Our policy is not aimed at secession. We are talking about another possibility, based on the assessment that BiH will not be successful as a state. If so, it is best to separate in a civilized way, he added.
He stressed that Serbs would not "start a war to secede", but reiterated that it was best to separate "if they could not live together". He pointed out that Serbs were "defending the political process" towards achieving that goal and that stories of a possible war were "meaningless".
He also said that BiH exists as a state only because of pressure from the international community.
"It is an experiment of foreigners," Dodik said.
- The first thing I propose is for foreigners to stop leading this country because it is the only colony that currently exists in Europe. Let them let us find a consensus, if possible, he said.
Dodik believes that European High Representative Christian Schmidt has no right to introduce a law in BiH.
- In the elections three years ago, I won the most votes, much more than two of my colleagues from the Presidency together. And now that German comes and says that the future of BiH will not be constituted with Dodik. "What do you imagine, who is he?" He said.
- BiH is a failed project… BiH is facing a severe crisis. This crisis has not appeared now, it has always been there. BiH is synonymous with crisis, Dodik concluded.